Annually the Price of Business Digital Network (which includes USA Business Radio) lists our favorite business books for the year. The business world is constantly changing, and it’s important to stay ahead of the curve. One of the best ways to do that is to read books from successful entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Here is a list of the 10 best business books of 2023:
- Thinking the Future by Clem Sunter and Mitch Ilbury: This book explores how to make better decisions in an uncertain world. It provides practical advice on how to think ahead, identify trends, and develop innovative solutions.
- Cobalt Red by Siddharth Kara: This book is an eye-opening look at the dark side of the cobalt mining industry. It exposes the human rights abuses and environmental damage that are taking place in order to produce the cobalt that is used in batteries for electric vehicles and other electronics.
- Elon Musk by Walter Isaacson: This biography of Elon Musk tells the story of one of the most innovative and ambitious entrepreneurs of our time. It provides insights into Musk’s vision for the future and how he is working to make it a reality.
- How Big Things Get Done by Bent Flyvbjerg, Dan Gardner: This book provides a framework for planning and executing complex projects. It is based on research into the successes and failures of major projects from around the world.
- Material World by Ed Conway: This book tells the story of the global economy through the lens of the materials that we use. It explores how the production and consumption of materials has shaped our world and how it is changing in response to new technologies and environmental challenges.
- Right Kind of Wrong by Amy Edmondson: This book argues that organizations need to create a culture of “productive failure” in order to innovate and learn. Edmondson provides practical advice on how to create an environment where people are comfortable taking risks and learning from their mistakes.
- The Coming Wave by Mustafa Suleyman, Michael Bhaskar: This book explores the future of work in the age of artificial intelligence. It argues that AI will create new jobs and opportunities, but it also has the potential to disrupt existing industries and displace workers. The book provides advice on how to prepare for the future of work and thrive in the age of AI.
- Beijing Rules by Bethany Allen: This book provides a behind-the-scenes look at the Chinese Communist Party and how it operates. It is essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how China is doing business on the world stage.
- Billionaires’ Row by Katherine Clarke: This book explores the rise of the global super-rich and how they are changing the world. Clarke profiles some of the world’s wealthiest people and examines their impact on politics, culture, and society.
- Blood in the Machine by Brian Merchant: This book is an investigation into the algorithms that are increasingly controlling our lives. Merchant explores the hidden dangers of algorithms and how they are being used to manipulate and exploit people.
- Easy Money by Ben McKenzie, Jacob Silverman: This book is a gripping account of the financial crisis of 2008. McKenzie and Silverman investigate the greed and corruption that led to the crisis and expose the bankers who got away with it.
These books provide valuable insights into the business world and the challenges and opportunities that we face in the 21st century. Whether you are an entrepreneur, a business leader, or simply someone who wants to understand the world around you, these books are essential reading.
The best business books of 2023 offer a wide range of perspectives and insights on the business world. They cover topics such as leadership, innovation, strategy, and the future of work. Whether you are looking for a book to help you grow your business, start your own company, or simply learn more about the world of business, this list has something for everyone.